Monday, October 13, 2014

The Second Time Mom

Alright so it's 11:04pm. Tyson is up on campus studying late... so tonight I went at it with the girls solo. Oye.

Today was just one of those days. The kind that start way too early and end far too late. It was a day where the messes seemed to multiply and I just could never quite muster the energy to try and tackle them... so here I am staring at the toys covering my floor and the dishes still strewn throughout the kitchen. And my guess is they will still be there to greet me come morning. 

                 

Adjusting to two babies has been so much more than I bargained for. It's so much more work than I ever would have thought but in the same breath it is also so much more fulfilling. Aren't the best things always that way? So challenging but so so worthwhile. 

I'm not one of those women that gracefully adapted to having another little one around. Let's be honest this is my second go-around and I've never felt more clueless. I love those girls like there is no tomorrow, but when it comes to grocery shopping with both of them in tow... you can go ahead and count me out. Putting both girls to bed on my own?? Almost always ends with someone in tears - and half the time it's me. 

Its almost been a year since our sweet sissy entered our family and I'm not quite sure I'll ever feel like I've figured it out. And maybe that's okay. Because even though most days I feel as if I'm fumbling through this whole motherhood journey, I truly wouldn't have it any other way. Man I love those girls. But maybe tomorrow they could just somehow refrain from pulling every single article of clothing out of the drawer? Just maybe... XOX